It’s no secret; being a mom is one of the most rewarding and exhausting adventures we as women embark on. Motherhood means late nights, early mornings, tip-toeing out of rooms, and dreaming of the day when you can relax and take a bath again. Many of us, if we’re honest – battle with long stretches of loneliness and are forced to abide in the tension on contentment.
The Mom guilt is real and the pressure to perform is higher than ever. It’s easy to scroll mindlessly through Instagram and think “they have it all together – I need to be more like them.” But, can we tell you something, Momma? From our heart to yours; who you are right now is enough. You don’t need to be like anyone else because who you are right now is exactly who God has asked you to be. More importantly, the work you’re doing right now is the exact work God intended for you to do.
One thing we know is that God’s word stands firm amongst the waves of change. Here are 5 Bible Verses to lean on when waves of uncertainty come crashing in.
- “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10
- “He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” -Psalm 46:10
- “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31:25-28
- “A gracious woman gets honor… “– Proverbs 11:16
- “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” -Psalm 139:13-16